Trends & Tips: Make Sure You're Ready for Fall and Winter
You can enjoy the cooler months—and stay looking great while you're at it—with these product and styling tips. Check them out below:
Set Your Winter Hair Routine
Cooler temperatures, windy days, and drier air means your hair is under threat come winter time. Help it stay healthy and looking its best with a few products and techniques:
- Deep Conditioner: Help your hair get back some of that moisture it loses with a deep conditioner, like It’s a 10 Miracle Mask.
- Leave-In Conditioner: For more regular conditioning, consider a leave-in conditioner. It'll help you control frizz and flyaways, and lock in that precious moisture.
- Dry shampoo: Don’t strip your hair of its natural oils and defenses by shampooing too much come winter time. A dry shampoo will add some volume and shine to your second-day hair.
- Anti-Static Brush: Help fight frizz and static when the air is cool and dry with an anti-static brush.
Bring Your Holiday Party (or Anytime) Ponytail to Life
Styling your hair in a trendy way for all of those holiday parties and special events is easier than you think. Here are a few tips.
• Start with Kenra Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner, then towel dry your hair to get rid of excess moisture and spritz with Kenra Root Lifting Spray. Next blow dry and use a ceramic-plated straightening iron to frame your face. Then pull your hair back into a ponytail.
Tips to make your pony shine:
• Spritz with Moisture Cure 2-Phase Treatment to moisturize and revitalize hair for incredible smoothness and intense shine.
• Finish with Kenra Hold Spray for a flexible strong hold.
• Don't be afraid to accessorize. A sparkly headband or hair clip can elevate even the simplest ponytail look.
Protecting Your New Hair Colour
Fall and winter are popular times to try darker hair colours, but maintaining that just-from-the-salon look isn't always easy. Keep your colour fresh longer with these easy tips.
After you colour:
• Using a colour shampoo and conditioner, such as Paul Mitchells Color Protect Shampoo & Conditioner is one of the easiest ways to keep that colour looking rich and vibrant.
• Speaking of showering and shampooing: Try to use cooler water when washing and conditioning your hair. Warm water swells the cuticle, which allows more of your new colour to wash out.
When you are styling:
• The best way to shield hair (and your new colour) from the damages that can come with high heat is to use a protective pre-styling product.
• Finish with Color Protect Locking Spray by Paul Mitchell. The sunflower extract provides sun protection and keeps color from fading. Powerful conditioning agents and extracts add moisture and shine.